Monday, April 19, 2010

Program on Winter Birding in Newfoundland

Tonight I'm going to present my program on Winter Birding in Newfoundland. I went on a WINGS tour in January 2008 for a few reasons: I wanted to see a Dovekie, a tiny seabird, at close range; I wanted the Newfoundland experience; a good friend of mine would be on the trip; and one of my favorite birding trip leaders, Jon Dunn, would be leading it.

It was a wonderful trip. As it happened, in addition to the expected gulls and other birds, there was an "invasion" of Bohemian Waxwings and White-winged Crossbills that year.

My program will contain pictures, some mine, some borrowed, of the birds and the amazing Newfoundland scenery.

Tomorrow's post will contain something about how the program was received.

No comments:

Post a Comment